Field Operations Manager
Zeldis Research is a small, but successful full-service market research company, conducting qualitative and quantitative research in several industries, primarily insurance, financial services, and education. Zeldis Research provides unlimited opportunity for professional growth and development in a casual, team-oriented work environment.
Description of Position:
A Field Operations Manager at Zeldis Research Associates performs all the same tasks as a Senior Field Operations Associate, with increased responsibility and autonomy. The primary responsibility of the position includes management and oversight of fieldwork of qualitative projects, and maintaining Zeldis’ high level of client service.
Summary of Position:
The Field Operations Manager has demonstrated the ability to manage and oversee all aspects of qualitative fieldwork independently:
- Direct and oversee approximately 5-6+ projects independently at a time.
- Manage the fielding of all types of qualitative projects, including in-depth interviews, focus groups, online bulletin boards, video diaries, and ethnographies.
- Supervise recruiting partners (e.g., focus group facilities, independent recruiters, transcribers, platform and sample providers) and oversee the process to ensure a successful recruit.
- Establish instructions for facilities and recruiters to follow and monitor their progress to ensure proper implementation.
- Negotiate pricing with vendors and hold them accountable to the project budget.
- Develop screening questionnaires to recruit the desired respondents for the research.
- Create and monitor profiles of recruited participants to ensure accuracy, qualification, and representation of necessary subgroups. Make recommendations and replace participants on an as needed basis if they do not meet client’s objectives for the project.
- Establish processes and procedures to work effectively and professionally with qualitative vendors and facilitate the development of strong relationships with qualitative partners.
- Communicate in writing and verbally with clients and colleagues throughout the recruit to provide updates on project progress and make recommendations on adjustments if needed.
- Solve and implement changes to resolve barriers to recruitment process.
- Communicate with respondents as needed during the recruiting process (e.g., coordination of homework, confirmation of participation, etc.).
- Ensure deliverables (e.g., recordings and transcripts) are provided to the client upon completion of the research.
- Partner with researchers through the entire qualitative process, from recruiting through project completion.
- Participate in kick-off calls with account managers and clients to understand study objectives and ensure successful execution of research.
- Assist with qualitative reporting efforts as needed (creating tallies, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Field Operations with demonstrated success in the position, or equivalent experience
- Strong organization abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Base abilities or better in MSOffice products (particularly Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills : Ability to communicate internally and with external partners in a clear and professional manner in writing and by telephone as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with clients, colleagues and vendors
- Strong client service focus
Title and salary commensurate with experience and expertise; salary range $50,000-$70,000. Benefits include medical and dental (100% employer-paid), flexible work environment, work-at-home opportunities, and generous company holiday and vacation policies.
To inquire about career opportunities at Zeldis Research, please contact: Christine DiMeola firstname.lastname@example.org