Research Director/Senior Research Director
Description of Position
Zeldis Research is a small, but successful full-service market research company, conducting qualitative and quantitative research in several industries, primarily insurance, financial services, and education. Zeldis Research provides unlimited opportunity for professional growth and development in a casual, team-oriented work environment. Zeldis is looking for a market research professional with interest and experience in both quantitative and qualitative research. This individual is expected to be well-versed in the design, execution, and analysis of both qualitative and quantitative research and able to work independently to consult with clients from proposal/design through presentation of findings.
Research Director/Senior Research Director is a critical position within the organization. He/she is an experienced project director, with strong internal and external communication skills. He/she is often the primary point of client contact and, as such, responsible for building relationships and maintaining Zeldis’ high level of client service. Additionally, this person supports our marketing efforts by preparing proposals, budgets, and attending sales calls.
Responsibilities of the Position include:
- Directing and supervising all functions and activities of the project to achieve the client’s goals and the successful completion of projects on time and on budget
- Acting as a liaison between the client and Zeldis Research Associates, serving the client in a friendly and professional manner
- Managing selected accounts, assisting with setting sales/growth targets, and participating in marketing activities (however, this is not a sales position)
- Managing all project-related communication with internal staff as well as vendors
- Participating in budgeting, proposal development, and client relationship-building/marketing activities
- High level of experience with a variety of quantitative methodologies, including online and telephone
- The ability to manage/analyze the financial status of accounts/overall client relationships
- Being involved in sales meetings/capability presentations, client kick-off meetings, and presentations
- Developing questionnaires and/or topic guides independently
- Moderating qualitative one-on-ones and groups (in-person, online/webcam, telephone, bulletin boards)
- Expertise and skill in high-level analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, including multivariate techniques
- Fostering a culture of collaboration between the field and research teams to partner in the best interest of the company
- Mentoring and helping to train junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 5+ years of marketing research experience (supplier-side preferred but not required)
- Experience managing qualitative and quantitative research studies
- Experience interacting with clients successfully and managing them throughout the research process
- Excellent communication– both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Able to work well in a team or in tandem with co-workers
- Competence in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience moderating in-depth interviews or focus group (either live or virtual) a plus, particularly if that includes moderating discussions with B2B respondents
- Experience working with clients in Financial Services and Insurance industries a plus
- Experience in creating visually appealing reports (e.g., infographics or data visualization) a plus
- Experience with SPSS and/or knowledge of statistical methodologies a plus
Title and salary commensurate with experience and expertise; salary range $60,000-$100,000. Benefits include medical and dental (100% employer-paid), flexible work environment, work-at-home opportunities, and generous company holiday and vacation policies.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Christine DiMeola, firstname.lastname@example.org.