Career Opportunity – Research Associate
Description of Position
Research Associates support the day-to-day operations of the project from project set-up through report delivery. The major responsibilities of Research Associates include quality checking questionnaires, data tables, and reports; day-to-day study management; and preparing reports and questionnaires under the supervision of a senior researcher. They may also be involved in qualitative research, preparing discussion guides, assisting in preparing reports, and potentially moderating in-depth interviews (by telephone, webcam, or in-person) and online bulletin boards. As they gain experience, they will have increased independence in managing their projects as well as direct contact with clients throughout the execution of the project.
Summary of Position
- Support the research staff in carrying out all phases of a quantitative study: design, questionnaire preparation, overseeing programming/testing, reporting/recommendations with input from senior staff
- Is able to or shows interest in establishing strong working relationships with clients, serve as a contact for clients during a study, and manage clients’ day-to-day needs under the supervision of an account manager
- Ensure that assigned projects are optimally carried out and deadlines are met through appropriate planning/quality control
- Manage project-related communication with vendors and internal staff
- May participate in budgeting and proposal development activities with input from senior staff
- Is able to or shows interest in working with/analyzing data, identifying actionable and meaningful implications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Recent college graduate or up to 2 years of marketing research experience
- Excellent communication – both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Able to learn new skills quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Competence in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (experience in creating infographics a plus)
- Able to work well in a team or in tandem with co-workers
- Experience with SPSS and or knowledge of statistical methodologies a plus
Growth Goals of the Position
- Ability to independently handle project management from start to finish, with minimal oversight from senior research staff (e.g., kicking off projects with vendors/partners, overseeing data collection to ensure project needs are met, executing quality control of survey programs, data tables, and reports)
- Begin to forge client relationships
- Assist senior research staff with study design and proposals, questionnaire development, and report writing/crafting recommendations for client action.
Benefits include company paid medical and dental, flexible work environment, 2 work-at-home days per week, generous company holidays and 3 weeks PTO.
Please submit resume and cover letters to Amy Rey at firstname.lastname@example.org.