Career Opportunity – Senior Research Director
Description of Position
Senior Research Director at Zeldis Research Associates is a critical position within the organization. He/she is an experienced project director, with strong internal and external communication skills. He/she is often the primary point of client contact and, as such, responsible for building relationships and maintaining Zeldis’ high level of client service. Additionally, a Research Director supports our marketing efforts by preparing proposals, budgets, and attending sales calls. A Research Director is expected to be well-versed in the design, execution, and analysis of both qualitative and quantitative research.
A Senior Research is expected to perform all of these tasks at an independent level, with an emphasis on account management of multiple accounts, a consultative approach, and a deep level of research knowledge and expertise.
Summary of Position
- Directs and supervises all functions and activities of the project to achieve the client’s goals and the successful completion of projects on time and on budget.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and Zeldis Research Associates, serving the client in a friendly and professional manner.
- Manages selected accounts, assists with setting sales/growth targets, and participates in marketing activities (however, this is not a sales position).
- Manages all project-related communication with internal staff as well as vendors.
- Participates in budgeting, proposal development, and client relationship-building/marketing activities.
- Is highly familiar with a variety of quantitative methodologies, including online and telephone
- Is able to manage/analyze the financial status of accounts/overall client relationships.
- Leads sales meetings/capability presentations , client kick-off meetings, and presentations
- Develops questionnaires and/or topic guides independently
- Moderates qualitative one-on-ones and groups (in-person, online/webcam, telephone, bulletin boards).
- Can mentor and help train junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 7+ years of marketing research experience (supplier-side preferred but not required)
- Experience managing qualitative and quantitative research studies
- Moderating groups and one-on-one in-depth interviews
- Experience interacting with clients successfully and managing them throughout the research process
- Excellent communication– both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Competence in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in creating visually appealing reports (e.g., infographics or data visualization) a plus
- Experience with SPSS and or knowledge of statistical methodologies a plus
Title and salary commensurate with experience and expertise; salary range $80,000-$120,000. Benefits include medical and dental (100% employer-paid), flexible work environment, work-at-home opportunities, and generous company holiday and vacation policies.
Sound interesting or want to know more?